PRETZEL CARAMEL PECANS BROWNIES
150 gr. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
300 gr. organic dark chocolate, broken into pieces
35 gr. cornflour
85 gr. white rice flour, sifted
1 tsp. xanthan gum
275 gr. light brown sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
95 gr. organic dark chocolate chips
125 ml. lactose free single cream
100 gr. pecans, chopped
3/4 cup coconut milk fat
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons organic raw honey
1/4 cup Trex or palm shortening
Gluten free pretzels (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160C, (325ºF). Grease a 29 x 19 cm (xx x xx inches) baking tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, place the butter and chocolate over low heat stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and let to cool at room temperature.
- In another bowl, place the cornflour, xanthan gum, sifted rice flour and brown sugar.
- Stir the eggs, one at time, and vanilla extract into the chocolate mixture. Add the chocolate chips, the flour mixture, cream and pecans and mix well until combined.
- Pour into the tin, smooth the surface and bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before slicing. Serve warm or cold.
- In a small saucepan, place the coconut milk fat, coconut sugar and honey and bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Continue simmering for 10 minutes until smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Trex or palm shortening until completely dissolved.
- Spoon the caramel sauce over the top of the brownie and allow to cool at room temperature for 3 hours or until set. Top with some pretzels and slice to serve.