This easy and quick to make but above all, it’s affordable for everyone. Unlike a traditional potato and eggs hash, it requires a spiralizer to turn the potatoes into spirals which elevates a humble dish into a sophisticated dish.
potato and eggs hash
600 gr. potatoes, peeled and spiralized
salt and pepper
6 eggs (2 whisked)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
Flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 240C-475F. Place the spiralized potato in a clean tea towel and gently squeeze to remove the excess of moisture.
- Place in a large bowl and season with plenty of salt and pepper, the mixture of egg and mix to combine.
- In an iron cast pan, pour the olive oil then place the potato mixture. Using the back of a tablespoon, make four holes where the remaining eggs will be cooked. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Carefully, remove the pan from the oven and add an egg to each hole. Return the pan to the oven and cook for another 6 minutes or until the eggs are just cooked.
- Top with the onion and parsley and drizzle with extra oil to serve.
Note: If you don’t own a spiralizer, alternatively, you can cut the potato into thin ribbons using a julienne peeler.