tripe ice cream loaf cake (paleo | df )
Makes: 6 lollies ice cream | Prep. Time: 25 min. | Cook: none
3 peaches, chopped and stoned
150 g. raspberries
1/3 cup pistachios, unshelled
a handful of pistachios (to decorate)
80 gr. = 1/3 cup per layer (1/3 cup for the peach layer & 1/3 cup for the raspberry layer)
1/4 cup of coconut milk yoghurt (I used Co Yo) for the pistachio layer
1/2 to 3/4 cup of almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 tablespoon organic raw honey
6 wooden lolly sticks
- Put the chopped and stoned peaches in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Scrape into a small bowl. Repeat with the raspberries and scrape into another bowl. Again, blend the pistachios until you very finely chopped and scrape into another bowl. Roughly chop a handful of pistachios and set aside to top the ice cream loaf cake.
- Pour 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoon of honey into the peach mixture bowl and combine well. Taste and add more honey if it is still bitter.
- Repeat the operation adding another 1/3 cup of coconut to the raspberries mixture bowl. To finish, add the last 1/4 cup of coconut yogurt, 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of honey to the pistachio mixture bowl. Combine all together. Add more almond milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Line a 15×10 cm (6×4 in) loaf tin with cling film, then pour in the peach mixture. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Once the peach layer is frozen, pour over the pistachio mixture. Now that the bottom layer is firm enough, place the wooden lolly sticks in the bottom layer, evenly spaced, along the length of the loaf tin, pushing down gently until they stand up straight. Carefully, return to the freezer for another 2 hours.
- Once the pistachio layer is firm, pour over the raspberry mixture, around the sticks. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes then, top with the chopped pistachios so they can stick well to the top. Return further 3 hrs or overnight until it’s completely frozen.
- Remove from the freezer 10 mins before serving. Use the cling film to help you remove the loaf from the tin. Slice off individual lollies and enjoy!